While toilet paper has been disappearing off the shelves, a lot of people have made the plunge to switch to a paperless toilet routine by opting for a bidet instead. So I thought I'd research the differences between the two with the environment in mind (but I also touch on money, health & cleanliness!). So listen in, or watch on YouTube, to find out how much of an impact your carbon buttprint is having...eh..eh?
- [03:35] Definition & History of the Bidet.
- [07:15 ] Our use of toilet paper.
- [13:17] Pros & cons of toilet paper.
- [17:35] Water Usage. (Watch this Netflix documentary on the Earth's water supply here.)
- [21:17] Pros & cons of the bidet.
- [27:19] Types of bidets.
- [31:24 ] Flushable Wipes.
- [32:45] Vascó's & Cecilia's personal bidet stories.
- [37:00] How much resources an Irish person could save switching to a bidet considering we use on average 10.5kg per capita a year.
- [38:20] Eco toilet paper options.
Buy Eco Toilet Paper:
Toilet Paper Overview:
Health Benefits: https://www.bidet.org/pages/bidets-for-health-issues
Old Trees cut down for soft tissue: https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/23/AR2009092304711_3.html?sid=ST2009092400173&sub=AR
Softness In Toilet Paper:
Producer making 50,000 rolls an hour: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-toilet-paper-manufacturer-struggles-to-meet-unprecedented-demand-1.4202511
Irish Toilet Roll Figures:
American Toilet Roll Figures: