Emma Gleeson is a professional declutterer with a background in fashion. The research she did into the psychology of consuming things makes this episode an interesting one! We chatted about a whole host if things including:
- How Emma came to work as a sustainable advocate.
- The psychology behind why we buy things and why it makes us feel good.
- How Emma's approach to decluttering works.
- Where things should go when you're letting go of them.
- Why we find it hard to part with some "sticky" items.
- Dealing with stuff on specific holidays.
- Organizing your children's toys.
- Decluttering your wardrobe.
- Tips for your mental health while decluttering.
Charities & Businesses Mentioned:
- The Environmental Justice Foundation.
- Reuzi.ie (Listen to Pat from Reuzi's episode here).
- Sustainable Fashion Dublin.
- Friends of the Earth.
- Focus Ireland.
- Stripe & Stare.
- Clutter Bug.
Info Resources Mentioned: