"The thing about plastics, they don't break down, they break up."
Episode 5 is all about the plastic pollution invading our coastlines and how it's getting there. We talk to Richard from Clean Coasts to learn how to deal with it!
In this episode, we cover:
- Who Clean Coasts are and what they do.
- How Richard came to work for Clean Coasts.
- Where the litter on our coastlines comes from.
- The effect on deep sea creatures.
- What we as individuals can do to stop this plastic invasion.
- Think Before You Flush, 2 Minute Beach Clean and Beat the Microbeads campaigns.
- The EU's plan to ban single use plastics.
Interested in volunteering with Clean Coasts? You can get in touch with them here.
Don't forget to share this podcast with a friend, rate & review!