Episode 37 is with Aisling Byrne, the founder of Nuw, formally known as The Nu Wardrobe. Nuw is a clothes sharing and swapping app, set up to tackle fast fashion's problems like pollution and workers' rights, which we chat about in full in this interview!
- (02:25) Aisling introduce's herself and her background.
- (09:20) When the idea behind Nuw sparked.
- (15:10) How the app works.
- (23:40) The difficulty of finding plus-sized clothes when thrifting, and how Nuw is working to overcome it.
- (27:05) Plans for bringing menswear on to the app.
- (29:45) Crowdfunding.
- (33:50) How to upload clothes to the app.
- (39:10) Where the line falls by supporting slow fashion and not causing a loss of jobs by boycotting certain companies.
- (47:20) Closing thoughts.