- (04:50) What inspired We Are The Ark.
- (08:05) Where the name came from.
- (09:00) The importance of putting a sign on your ark.
- (11:25) How much land is 'enough' for an ark.
- (13:30) What it means to be a guardian of the earth as opposed to gardener.
- (16:00) Is an ark compatible with pets and children?
- (19:00) Getting an ark started.
- (22:40) Giving sovereignty back to the land.
- (25:00) Growing food in a wild garden. Learn more about forest gardening here!
- (30:35) Restoring your land to what it was before.
- (34:20) How to go about turning public or government land into arks.
- (36:30) How we can make sure our artificial outside lights stop damaging wildlife.
- (38:45) Closing thoughts from Mary.
- (43:20) What we need going forward to get systematic change.
View this post on Instagram
Every square foot of undamaged soil contains an average of 5000 seeds. These wild native seeds otherwise known as “weeds” are what the Earth needs to heal and reboot a thriving ecosystem . We just need to allow them space and support to grow, allow them to reveal themselves. They generally need less than 1/30th of a seconds worth of light to be activated. Set your land free. Let it be arked. www.wearetheark.org ❤️🌎🌿
- The Garden Awakening by Mary Reynolds.
- Mary's TEDx Talk.
- From What Is to What If by Rob Hopkins.
- Extinction Rebellion.
If you like this episode, you'll also like: